Estimated reading time: 1 minute, 51 seconds.
Buying a home is a major milestone that features on many people’s list of lifetime goals…as well as on their list of financial fears! While it’s true that real estate transactions are complicated, they certainly don’t need to be scary or stressful. With the right amount of research and patience, you can demystify the home-buying process and protect yourself against every possible pitfall.
Here is a handy list of tips and articles to help you along the way:
Are You Ready for HomeOwnership? – Making the Big Decision
- Buying vs Renting- Which is Right for You?
- 3 Questions to Determine if You’re Ready for Homeownership
- Here’s Why Equity is So Important!
- 8 Advantages of Buying Over Renting
- Are you Financially Ready? – Minimum Costs for Buying a Home
Navigating the Financial Aspect of Homeownership
- Financing your New Home
- How to Save for a Downpayment
- Saving Tips: The 50-20-30 Rule
- Making Use of the Home Buyer’s Plan
- Understanding Immediate Purchase Costs
- 5 Hidden Costs when Buying a Home
- Financial Incentives for First Time Buyers
- Have you Checked your Credit Score Lately?
Before You Begin Your Home-Hunt
- The Complete List of Paperwork You’ll Need to Buy a Home
- 5 Things you Should Know Before Buying
- Decide whether you’ll work with a broker (it’s free for buyers!)
- The Advantages of Being Pre-Approved
- Terms You Should Know Before Getting a Mortgage
- Getting a Mortgage if You’re Self Employed
- 6 Reasons Your Mortgage Application Could be Rejected
- Questions to Ask your Mortgage Lender
- 5 Rookie Mistakes Made by First Time Buyers
Tools: Get Pre-Approved!
Finding the Right Home for YOU.
- Property Type
Tools: Set up a Property Alert!
What Next? – The Buying Process Step by Step
- The Zen of Buying a House
- Crafting a Perfect Offer to Purchase
- Common Househunting DealBreakers (and how to avoid them!)
- Sealing the Deal
- A Dictionary of Useful Terms for First Time Buyers