Estimated reading time: 1 minute, 12 seconds.
You have two options when selling a home: working with a real estate broker, or attempting to sell on your own. While you may save on commission by going solo, real estate transactions are very complicated and will consume a lot of time, energy, and possibly money as well. Between the evaluations, real estate photography, coordinating visits, filling out legal documents and communicating with buying agents, selling a property can quickly become overwhelming to an inexperienced seller.
Here are a few ways in which working with a real estate broker will benefit you:
- Real estate brokers will provide you with a comparative market analysis, which will help you price your home according to market value.
- Real estate professionals possess the market knowledge required to create a sales plan for your property
- You will benefit from the broker’s internal network, as well as their marketing channels.
- Real estate brokers have the necessary skills to navigate through the legal steps of the transaction – such as negotiating on price, drafting offers, and preparing the paperwork for the act of sale.
- Owners gain visibility by listing their home on Centris; Quebec’s MLS.
- Brokers handle each step of the sales process, from coordinating visits and negotiating offers, to the final act of sale.
- Sellers save time by freeing themselves of the tasks executed by a real estate broker, as well as maintaining their peace of mind.