According to the latest statistics (Q3 2018) Montreal’s Ville Marie borough (Downtown and Old Montreal) registered one of the highest price growth rates across all property categories.
Here is a summary of real estate activity in Ville Marie, based on Centris statistics for the first three quarters of 2018:
Sales Activity: All Property Types
|Q3 2018||% Change||Last 4 Quarters||% Change|
Sales increased by 5% in the third quarter, and by 6% year over year. Meanwhile, active listings continue to decrease, indicative of a seller’s market conditions.
Single Family Homes: Sales and Prices
- The median single family home cost $944,500 in 2018, which is a 33% increase year over year.
- Sales dropped by 6% in 2018 compared to 2017.
Condominiums: Sales and Prices
- The median Plateau condo cost $398,000 in Q3 2018, which is 15% higher than in Q2.
- Overall in 2018, the average condo cost $380,000, 11% higher than in 2017.
- Total sales activity increased by 7 % compared to 2017.
- Average selling time dropped by 13%.
‘Plexes: Sales and Prices
- Overall in 2018, the average condo cost $558,750, 7% higher than in 2017.
- Total sales activity increased by 6 % compared to 2017.
- Active selling dropped by 1 %.