Real estate analytics agency JLR released its most recent report detailing housing market statistics for February 2019.
TL;DR: In both Montreal and the province of Quebec, revenue properties are seeing the highest increases in sales, prices and appreciation rates.
- Duplexes, triplexes and multiplexes saw the biggest jump in sales last month, at 19% compared to January. 377 revenue properties were sold in the Greater Montreal Area in February 2019.
- Single family homes recorded a 13% increase in sales. 1408 homes were sold in the Greater Montreal Area in February 2019.
- Condo sales were up 10% to 1313 units. When looked at sales growth on an annual basis, condos recorded the biggest increase at 10% compared to revenue properties (+4%) and homes (+2%).
Average prices and appreciation
- The median price of revenue properties and condominiums across the GMA continued to climb in February, reaching $490,000 $ (+9 per cent) for revenue properties and $276,800 $ (+6 per cent) for condos.
- The median price of single family homes recorded 0% price growth last month, plateauing at $327,592.
Statistics for the province of Quebec
- Home sales were up 10 % compared to February 2018.
- Revenue properties recorded the highest appreciation rates, up 10% to 362 500.
- Revenue properties also recorded the biggest jump in sales, up 13% to 666 units.
See the full report for the Quebec region on JLR.
This article, JLR: Montreal Real Estate Market Statistics – February 2019, appeared first on Shupilov News.