Sales by Metropolitan Area
- Five out of six main areas in the Montreal CMA registered an increase in sales in December.
- Vaudreuil-Soulanges and Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu saw the highest increase at 13% and 8% respectively.
- Transactions rose by 6% North Shore, 5% in Laval and 3% on the South Shore.
- Montreal Island saw a decrease in sales – transactions fell by 1% in December when compared to December 2017.
Sales by property category
- The number of single-family home transactions rose by 3% to 1,491 sales
- Condominium transactions grew by 2% to 993 sales.
- Plex transactions fell by 1% to 336 sale.
- The median price of single-family homes and ‘plexes increased significantly across the Montréal CMA in December, reaching $327,450 (+7%) and $525,000 (+8%) respectively.
- The median price of condominiums rose by 3%, reaching $272,863.
- Prices increased the most in Vaudreuil-Soulanges, where the average single family home appreciated by 17%
- Prices increased the least in Montreal Island, where the average single family home appreciated by 4%
Number of properties for sale
In December, there were 18,970 active residential listings in the real estate brokers’ Centris system, an 18% drop compared to one year earlier.
This article, GMREB: Strong End to the Year For Montreal Real Estate Market, appeared first on Shupilov News.